We’re leading the way in retirement living
In 1965, Beatitudes Campus began as a unique kind of retirement living community, combining senior living, healthcare and a holistic approach to wellness. Our founders fostered the open, welcoming spirit and vibrant learning of a college campus. Along the way, we expanded to meet the changing preferences of seniors and their families by adding new services, amenities and residential choices.
We’re proud to be an experienced, nationally recognized leader in independent senior living and senior healthcare, and a trusted part of the greater Phoenix community. We’re excited to continue growing and evolving, and we look forward to sharing Beatitudes Campus with you.
Beatitudes Campus Fast Facts
- Rev. Dr. Culver “Bill” Nelson, a Church of the Beatitudes pastor, founded the community.
- Dr. Nelson joined Rev. Dr. Everett B. Luther and other church visionaries to create a welcome alternative to nursing homes.
- Beatitudes Campus was the first senior community of its kind in Arizona.
- The campus was built on 25 acres within one mile of the Beatitudes church. The land was purchased for $25,000 per acre.
- Beatitudes opened in May 1965 with the building now known as Plaza South.
- Since then, the community has added more services and amenities, several residential buildings, a Health Care center, Town Plaza and more. We’ve embarked on a new master plan to offer even more residential options.